Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Giving this a try

For the past several months I have been reading the blogs of others as they appear in my facebook feed. As I read them I keep thinking that I would like to have a place to tell my story, post my pictures, and share interesting information that I come across. However, the two things that have kept me from starting are, fear that I will have nothing important to say, and fear that no one will listen. I have finally decided to just do it anyway.

For those of you who have stumbled upon this, I thank you for taking the time to read, and I welcome you to follow on this journey with me. I may not always have the most interesting or meaningful story to tell, but my hope is that the ride will be worth it.

Before we jump in too deep here is a little information about me, I am 24 years old, and am about to enter into my fourth year of a doctoral program in Applied Developmental Psychology. I currently work as an academic advisor, undergraduate instructor, and research manager, all in our psychology department. I currently reside just outside of Fairfax, VA with my husband, and our two cats. My goals for the future include: a tenure position in academia, building a family, owning a home, and being happy.

Hope you enjoy my journey.

1 comment:

  1. I will listen! Looking forward to reading your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete