Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well yesterday I turned the big 2-5, that's right, I have been alive for a quarter of a century! I am not haunted by the number, nor do I think I am getting old, etc., but I do have to admit that 25 has come on a bit quickly, and I would not be at all surprised if someone told me it was actually my 19th birthday.


It just seems that when I was younger I always thought of people in their twenties as being so cool and having the it factor just as a result of being in their twenties, yet being here it doesn't seem all that different than any other year. Just another stepping stone on the path of life.


For my birthday, Mike took me to Hershey on Saturday to go to the gardens, chocolate world, and the trolley works. Then we came home and had a nice seafood dinner. It was a nice relaxing day, and a wonderful way to start my last semester. Then yesterday we went to see Eat, Pray Love, which was very good, but like with every book made to movie, the book was much better.


Finally, I think the best birthday present I could have ever ask for... I PASSED COMPS!!!!! My advisor called me this afternoon to tell me that I passed, and I nearly cried! One less thing to worry about. Now it is time to get to work on the dissertation proposal so that I can finally graduate...

1 comment:

  1. Woo-hoo! Way to pass your comps!! Glad you had a nice b-day in Chocolate Town, too. :)

    ReplyDelete