Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winter Break

I long for the days when winter break meant sitting on my parent's couch for four/five weeks straight catching up on my daytime television. This break, it much less of a break, just same ole, same ole with a little less structure.
I kept pushing the date of my dissertation proposal back, so I am now at the point where I cannot push it off any further. The date is set for January 10th, which means that I need to get my proposal to my committee by December 27th, and before I can do that I need to get my advisor's approval. All that to say, I better get it out NOW! I also have a lot of job applications that need to be assembled over the next two weeks.
The problem is that I am having a hard time finding the motivation to hunker down and get it all done. I went to bed early last night with the hope that I would be able to get an early start this morning, but instead I stayed up late reading an indulgent book. As a result I am feeling a bit sluggish.
So, I am off to work on my proposal with the hope that one day I can actually write my dissertation.

No comments:

Post a Comment