Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Tree and Cupcakes

This year marked our fourth Christmas in the Washington DC metropolitan area, and yet we have never been in to see the national Christmas tree! Every year I talked about going in, but it was either too cold, or we were too busy. However, yesterday was one of the warmest days we had in awhile, and Mike didn't have to go in for work today, so we drove in.
On the way we decided to hit another DC tourist attraction that we had yet to visit, Georgetown Cupcake. I heard about the ridiculously long lines, but thought that because we were going at 8pm on a Thursday night in December, that there would not be a line. Boy was I wrong!


We stood in line for over a half an hour, and decided that if we were going to stand in line that long we needed to get a half a dozen cupcakes (chocolate peanut butter swirl, red velvet, chocolate peppermint, strawberry champagne, chocolate squared, and chocolate ganache). We split the peanut butter one yesterday (yummy!!), and are saving the other ones.

Then we headed to the tree, where we saw everyone else in DC that wasn't in line at Georgetown Cupcake! I guess that is what happens when you go on a warmer night, on a holiday weekend, which also happens to be the second to the last night the tree is being lit! But, it was definitely worth the trip!

Me with the PA tree
Mike with the National tree


Now Mike and I are off to stimulate the economy by hitting the after-Christmas sales! 

1 comment:

  1. I personally think Georgetown Cupcake is over-rated. Next time you are in my area, you should check out Fluffy Thoughts. Their cupcakes are amazing and there is never a line.

    ReplyDelete