Saturday, January 1, 2011

Looking back at 2010


January- Mike and I rang in 2010 in Dallas Texas. Last year our Christmas gift to each other was a trip to Dallas to see the Cowboys Eagles game. Our flight was supposed to get us to Dallas in plenty of time for us to check in at the hotel, and then find some place to go to watch the ball drop. However, there was a lot of bad weather that day, so our flight was delayed numerous times, and we ended up getting to Dallas with just enough time to stop at Taco Bell (yuck!) and make it back to the hotel to watch the ball drop in New York. I was soo tired from all the traveling that I didn't make it to see the ball drop in Texas! 
February- VA saw record breaking snowfall, that resulted in me being stuck in the house for about seven days (let's not repeat that this year!). 
March- Our first niece, my goddaughter was born. Mike went back to school to get the credits he needs to become a CPA. Mike and I celebrated our two year anniversary. 
Mike and I began attending FPU. 

April- This month brought the sad news that Mike's grandmother lost her battle with cancer. 
May- Mike celebrated another birthday, and I went to Boston to present my research at a conference.
June- This month was definitely the calm before the storm, spent preparing for comps. 

July- This was definitely the most eventful month of 2010 in the Ferhat household! The first 15 days, which might have been the most stressful two weeks of my life, were spent writing my comprehensive exams. Immediately after I was done I drove to PA to babysit my niece for a week, and then from there I went to the beach to visit my grandmother and recuperate from all the stress!
August- Mike and I went to the beach for a week, and then I flew to San Diego for a conference. I celebrated another birthday.
September- I found out that I passed comps! Then the job search began. Mike and I began teaching our first FPU class.
October- I sent out my first job application (another stressful experience!).
November- The job search continued, and Mike and I headed to PA for Thanksgiving.
December- I completed my last class ever, my sister and I went to New York to see Promises, Promises, and Mike and I drove back up to PA to visit our families for Christmas.

2010 definitely presented a lot of challenges, but I feel like I have learned and grown as a result. I am looking forward to the opportunities and lessons that 2011 will bring.
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment