Mike and I decided that we are going to have to move this summer. We are hoping that I am able to find a job and that we are going to be moving there come August, but even if that doesn't happen we don't want to be in this same situation this time next year. We decided that our best bet is to sign a three month lease at an apartment complex in the area and then come August we either move for my job, or find something else where we are now and sign a year lease.
It was a hard decision to make, because it means that we are going to be moving twice within four months, but we are holding out hope that I will get a job offer for the fall. We have a lot to get done in the next two months, so we have decided to pack things we aren't using whenever we get the chance. We are also using this opportunity to get rid of items that we are no longer using or that we are going to have to replace in the near future anyway. We have a lot of stuff which makes moving difficult, and since a lot of it was handed down anyway I don't feel as bad passing it forward.
We sat down tonight and talked about everything we are getting rid of and decided to split it all into three piles: sell on Craig's list, pass forward on freecycle, or donate to Good Will. If you have not checked out freecycle yet I would definitely recommend it. The purpose of the website is to keep items out of the dump, so you post items that you would otherwise throw away onto a forum and if anyone is interested they come and pick it up free of charge. There are some weird things on there (e.g. a bag of nuts), but there are also TVs, and furniture on there. Check it out!
Well, I am going to get back to work on dissertation. Hope you are all having a good night!

No comments:
Post a Comment