Sunday, March 6, 2011

Where have you been?

The past few weeks I have not done much other than working on writing my dissertation, which left me not wanting to write anymore than I had to, and have not much exciting to write about anyway. With only just under two months left until my dissertation needs to be delivered to the library, I am definitely feeling the pressure to get it written. I have made great progress over the past two weeks, and am hoping to be able to continue with that momentum in order to get it all written. 

I am leaving for a conference in Boston at the end of the week, and then Mike and I are going to be spending several days in sunny Florida! I was hoping to have my paper to my committee before I left so that I could enjoy my break. It doesn't seem like that it going to happen, but heck, at least I will be writing from either the pool or the beach all week next week! So excited to be getting away and for some warm weather! 

As if we don't have enough other things going on in the next few months, Mike and I are getting ready for the serious possibility that we will need to move at the end of May. For now, we still don't know where we will be going, but we want to make sure that we are not stuck in the position that we are left to pack up our entire townhouse at the drop of the dime. So, yesterday we headed to Home Depot to pick up boxes so that we could begin packing up our lives for the third time in four years! I am hoping that if I pack the boxes over time it won't seem like such an overwhelming project. I am also taking this opportunity to get rid of things that we no longer need and that other people can benefit from. This morning I packed up all of our Halloween and Christmas decorations. 

There is a lot of writing and packing (for travel and for moving) that needs to get done, so for now I am headed back to work. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you are having an enjoyable rainy Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment