Thursday, July 8, 2010

Those who can't write cook

Well, after such a wonderful day of writing on Monday, I had a serious case of writer's block yesterday. I was home by myself all day, with nothing on the agenda but working on my paper. I was very optimistic that I would be able to finish the second paper, so that I could finally move onto the final paper. However, I just stared at the screen for hours. It honestly took my over two hours to write my first paragraph! So, I decided to work on dinner instead:

Chicken Tortellini Soup
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic crushed
56 oz of chicken broth
1 breast of chicken, cut into small pieces
1 package of frozen spinach
2 packages of frozen tortellini (1 chicken, 1 cheese, or 2 cheese)
13 oz stewed tomatoes
grated parmesan cheese

In a large stockpot, heat garlic in oil until soft.

Add broth, and tortellini. Simmer for 15 minutes.

Add tomatoes, spinach, and chicken. Simmer for additional 20 minutes.

Serve with grated parmesan cheese.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious! And great step-by-step photos...trust me, they are good...better than some of my authors'! Keep on crankin' with your paper...even a paragraph is better than nothing, and could be a springboard to help you write more later. Don't be afraid to take breaks...breaks are good...don't make yourself nuts!

    ReplyDelete