Thursday, November 18, 2010

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

This week has definitely been a rollar coaster of emotions, so I have been postponing posting, because I don't want this to be a negative place. This morning on my way to school I was thinking about all that has happened, and I found myself singing "Always look on the bright side of life". This got me thinking about the upcoming holiday, and I decided that instead of posting about all the negative things that had happened, I would instead post about things that I am thankful for this week.


1. I am thankful (and proud) that I was able to go to Mike's tournament on Saturday to see him win third place.




2. I am thankful that we have such great friends in VA and that we were all able to enjoy a fun dinner on Saturday night.


3. I am thankful that our friends have welcomed us into their family, since we live so far away from ours. They are always the most gracious hosts, and make us feel welcome.


4. I am thankful that I submitted my last midterm EVER on Monday.


5. I am thankful that the Cowboys finally won a game so that Sundays can be fun again.


6. I am thankful that all of the leaves are finally cleaned up from my yard.


7. I am thankful that I have a husband who is willing to do anything to make me happy.


8. I am thankful for students who tell me that my class was one of their favorites.


9. I am thankful for a yummy soup and salad dinner at Panera.


10. I am thankful that I already have my Harry Potter tickets.


11. I am thankful for a loving and supportive church community.


12. I am thankful that I will be seeing my family next week.


13. I am thankful that it still is not so cold out that I need to wear a winter jacket and leggings under my pants. 


14. I am thankful that tomorrow is Friday.


When you think about all of the blessings in your life, it definitely makes the bad seem more manageable.








"But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength, They will soar high on wings like eagles, They will run and not grow weary, They will walk and not faint."

3 comments:

  1. I am thankful I found you on boost your blog friday!! I will be a new follower!

    melody-mae.blogspot.com


    blessings for a wonderful weekend,
    melody

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower via Boost My Blog Friday :)
    Jen @ My Secret Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you said about not posting about negative things. I work to do the same.

    Perspective always helps!

    I found your blog from Boost my Blog Friday, and I'm not following yet--but I'll be back! (I never follow for the sake of following or for the sake of hoping someone follows me back!)

    ReplyDelete